Removing the water and moisture quickly is the most important aspect of flood clean-up. Time is your Enemy and the longer the water damage goes untreated the more damage it causes. When water damage occurs, it is vital to have knowledgeable trained professionals to implement the best course of action to remove the water from the damaged area.
Brewer and Associates will take control of your flood and water removal problems and treat them as if they were our own. We believe constant communication with all parties involved is just as important as the technical water damage restoration services we provide. You will always know the status of your water clean up ; we pride ourselves on being proactive with customer concerns.
We have experience working in residential areas and in all types of commercial environments, including manufacturing areas, warehouses, healthcare facilities, hotels and office areas with our water damage restoration services. Brewer and Associates is a locally owned company. We understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water damage, smoke damage, or fire damage, you can rely on Brewer and Associates to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24-hours a day.
Many homes experience water damage to some degree. The majority of these types of damages are a result of some type of plumbing failure. When flood damage occurs, it’s important that you locate a trained professional to help fix the problem right. Water damage is progressive and items that could be restored within the first 48 hours may not be restored if emergency response is delayed. Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should consider that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing much damage to rooms below.
In the event of flood damage, do the following:
- Stay calm! Call Brewer and Associates.
- Make sure the water source is turned off. This will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift draperies away from wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items which may stain wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Don’t use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damage to the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.